Monday, February 18, 2008

Yuppie! it is 20degrees Celcius Mas eu deveria também escrever em inglês


Well,
What is the conection between temperature and I should write in english ? Actually none ( that I am aware of).But last night I had to do an essay in english and let's say that I am not one of the best writers in the area... So Deh in order to incentivise me said that I should also write in this blog in english.Wich also may be important so he can improove his portuguese.The intention was that this page would be ours not only mine... So, might be good for you also so you can improove your english! I still have a lot of mistakes so do not beliave in everything you read.I mean the content is true wich does not mean the grammar will be.I'll do my best!So... Let's go!
Yesterday was 2 years since we met each other for the first time.Last year as celebration,I called to jazz musicians to play for Devon.What a surprise!Was pretty hard to do in a way he did not realized.So back them, around 7pm, he was taking a nap.I woke him up and ask him a favor!He said ok, I will , give me 5 mins...But the musicians were coming up already (We were living at the condo).So,any way I insisted and not understanding my urgency he went to the car.When he came up the guys were playing Miles Davis! Devon laugh, laugh like a child! Miles Davis was the background on our first kiss. Back then I just smiled, but I confess that I was not THAT excited with the "musica de elevador", but we eventually get used to.
So, this year the singer was Rosa Daniella! Tchan nan nan nan! I asked Andrea, my piano teacher to play some of Devon's favorite songs and I would sing.The watch rings 5pm.Andrea called me to say she was in her way!The meat was still cooking(brazilian food mostly of the time is a slow cook recipie).And the kitchen was a mess! Deh (Devon's nick name)was doing some work at the computer and after that helped me to clean while I would get ready.Our menu had "Musshed Colly flower,roasted beef with onion sauce,cooked carrots ,baked potatos and salad.Out of blue, I ask Devon to go to the bedroom cause I had to do one thing, so Andrea and Mark could get in and help me to set up the amplifier ,microfone and piano.For Devon do not realize what we were doing, I put the radio very loud wich made him think a hip hop band was downstairs! I went to pick him up at the bedroom.There was, my red chicks shy boy guessing what was going on!He came down in the steps and I started to sing "O 'ultimo romântico" and other songs( some in english too).According to the crowd,I shold not to be afraid to sing!(Maybe some classes would help...haihihihihih)
After the recital, we had dinner,conversation,dessert and little coffee in the Brazilian way.
So, that is it! Today is monday, holiday in the states and I am at the couch writing to you. The weather is so beautiful... later we go for a walk.In 3 weeks the spring will start.Yesterday I saw some birds coming. It is so funny how the seasons are really divided here.You can really feel the difference between them. I Hope you all have a great week. Miss you a lot!
Kisses,

ps. The picture bellow, is the guy that played last year. Do not think it is me because I do not play sax,and I still have hair! That actually is long, a luxor!!!

3 comments:

Alguns pensamentos ... said...

nossa .. quando abri e vi tudo escrito em ingles so por Deus !!!
Quase tive um piripaque... mas ja passou pois abri o 2segundo texto e vi que estava em ingles UFA
mas concordo tem que ter as 2 linguas para ajudar todas as partes ... que lindo o que vc fez .. admirei muito voce e sua criatividade ... lembre-se que vc tem uma familia cantora e tudo data certo
Amo voces ... saudades

Anonymous said...

Oi Rosa, a blogagem coletiva será no dia 18/04, sexta-feira. Basta falar sobre o assunto e colocar o link pro site do Matthew:

http://www.matthewschierloh.org-a.googlepages.com/home

Obrigada pela participação!

Unknown said...

naum eh q vc escrevue em ingles??? hauhsuahuash ameei a ideia!!!!